Google

Monday, April 17, 2006

Always Do Your Beast

Secret, secret, I’ve got a secret …

No, Curare Z, I’m NOT Mr. Roboto, though I do occasionally dress up as a creepy robot and chase kids around the neighborhood with an axe. But I digress.

My skeleton in the closet is much less sinister—and much less of a true secret.

As many of you probably already know, I’m a beast. I am admitting here, for the first time, to my repeat offenses over on the Beauty vs. the Beast blog. Because I’m busy this week and will not have a new post up here for a few days, I will direct you to there for a laugh or ten. It’s full of insightful, and usually hilarious, male and female perspectives on important questions of sex, dating etiquette, or … well, sex.

If you feel the need for proof that men and women are different but can express their differences with tongues firmly in cheek—their own or someone else’s—check out BvtB. Here are links to my three posts there so far:

1. Back in January, I addressed these questions with Jane: When will the United States be led by a woman...if ever? Would a woman make an effective president? Enjoy the banter here.

2. Then last month, I foolishly chose to match wits with Curare Z on this doozie: What can a man or woman do to make sure they leave a favorable impression when meeting someone for that first date? Add a dash of sarcasm, stir, and serve.

3. And today’s new post poses the following dilemma, which I was honored to spar with Ella M. about: Jack and Jill, the two final candidates for a job, are identical in every way—except Jack is married with two children and Jill is a single mother of two. Who do you pick and why? Come watch the fur fly.

And if reading BvtB posts inspires you to pen your own smart-ass opinions, Fuzz and Siren are always looking for clever beasts and beauties—join the fun!

19 Comments:

At April 18, 2006 4:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous replied to my musings ...

i'll admit - i haven't been able to concentrate hard enough to read your post in its entirety yet...
...stupid words keep moving...

but good work on the Beauty vs the Beast blog =D

 
At April 18, 2006 7:23 AM, Blogger Unknown replied to my musings ...

Domo aritago Mr. Amulet. I've been wondering if you were machine or mannequin, with parts made in Japan. You are the modern man.

 
At April 18, 2006 7:24 AM, Blogger :P fuzzbox replied to my musings ...

Thanks for penning another great post. Or should that be keyboarding. Either way it was an excellent post.

 
At April 18, 2006 8:15 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen replied to my musings ...

Ooo...some drama and flying fur. This will make my Tuesday complete! :)

 
At April 18, 2006 9:31 AM, Blogger JM replied to my musings ...

I love the Beauty and Beast blog. I had an idea for you guys to write about. I think it would be pretty interesting.
On a local radio talk show here, they had callers express their opinion about whether or not it was okay to fantasize about someone else during sex/kissing their spouse/girlfriends.

 
At April 18, 2006 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous replied to my musings ...

I've only heard of it recently, actually, it's fuzzbox's fault! He sent me there! It's a great site, I enjoy the different views!
:)

 
At April 18, 2006 10:38 AM, Blogger David Amulet replied to my musings ...

Fatty, Fuzz, Stacy, Fred: Thanks. I've found the BvtB usually has me rolling on the floor laughing. Even in a post where both writers might not be quite on target, one of the two always seems to hit my funny bone.

Curare: Just don't ask me to sing "Babe." I'll melt into a primordial pile of schlock and ooze.

Angel, Jr.: That IS a great idea--I'll pass it along to Siren and Fuzz.

Starbender: I'm glad you enjoy it, and thanks for stopping here as well.

-- david

 
At April 18, 2006 11:26 AM, Blogger KC replied to my musings ...

I read the BvtB blog today. Great job by both of you! BvtB is always good for a giggle.

 
At April 18, 2006 12:18 PM, Blogger Mackenzie replied to my musings ...

I will have to check this out.

 
At April 18, 2006 3:36 PM, Blogger Jay Noel replied to my musings ...

Is your brain IBM?

 
At April 18, 2006 3:57 PM, Blogger David Amulet replied to my musings ...

If you see me acting strangely, don't be surprised.

-- david

 
At April 19, 2006 6:43 PM, Blogger Zen Wizard replied to my musings ...

Domo arigato, Mr. Roh--I mean, Amulet.

 
At April 20, 2006 7:14 AM, Blogger Unknown replied to my musings ...

Why would we be surprised? You always act strangely....

 
At April 20, 2006 11:45 AM, Blogger Jamie Dawn replied to my musings ...

I stop over there and read your newest beastly entry.

 
At April 20, 2006 11:54 AM, Blogger Perplexio replied to my musings ...

David, you've gone and gotten Styx stuck in my head. I have both The Grand Illusion and Mr. Roboto competing with each other in my head.

So, domo arrigoto, my friend, domo, domo....

 
At April 20, 2006 12:28 PM, Blogger Crazy Dan replied to my musings ...

Your a good beast I see little estrogen in your writing. Although you can always increase the testosterone... maybe if enough beasts pressure Fuzz he will put up more scantly clad or nude women pics in our posts!

 
At April 20, 2006 2:33 PM, Blogger Debbie Cakes replied to my musings ...

Yes, I do remember the article about first dates and what not to do on them. I'll have to stop and check out the others. That was the one I've been over there and you just happened to be the one that was wearing the beast costume. Hey, do you ever dress in regular clothes, man?

 
At April 20, 2006 3:51 PM, Blogger David Amulet replied to my musings ...

Thanks, folks -- this is more Styx than I've heard in years!

Dan: I'm note sure if they'll make BvtB that kind of site. I'm sure the hits would go up--way up.

Debbiecakes: I wore this costume for about 7 hours on Halloween and now everyone thinks I always do. Sigh ... but I guess it could be worse. I could have dressed up as Darth Vader. Or K-Fed.

Or Mr. Roboto.

-- david

 
At April 21, 2006 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous replied to my musings ...

"Kilroy was here"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home