Google

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Musings on Being Tagged

Grumble, grumble, grumble. I don’t like what I’m about to do.

It’s a principle thing.

The whole “tagging” concept troubles me. It’s not why I write. But because I had not publicly expressed lack of interest in such activities, my favorite Quarter Lifer tagged me … and I feel honor-bound to respond.

It’s a principle thing.

In order to make this more interesting for myself (perhaps for you, too?), some answers are linked to my previous posts that mention the respective answer. Those of you who, like me, are inclined to skip this kind of honesty from people you barely know, just skip to the end of the post where I'll make my usual comments.

Here goes ...

Four Jobs You've Had in Your Life:
1. Office Cleaner
2. Retail Freight Truck Unloader
3. Bookstore Clerk
4. PhD

Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over:
1. The first movie I could watch over and over is Fight Club
2. The second movie I could watch over and over is Fight Club
3. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure--yes, really
4. Even though this list doesn't go up to 11, I must include This Is Spinal Tap

Four Places You've Lived:
1. An apartment
2. A house
3. A townhouse
4. A frat house

Four Websites You Visit Daily:
1. Clusty (the best search engine out there)
2. SI.com's Men's College Basketball page (yes, even during the off-season)
3. Wikipedia (the free encyclopedia)
4. Yahoo! (I have to check my e-mail, after all)

Four TV Shows You Love To Watch (Note: I can't claim to "love" these, but I do catch them once in a while)
1. The Daily Show
2. The Colbert Report
3. Lost
4. The Weather Channel's Hurricane Update

Four of Your Favorite Foods:
1. Murgh tikka masala
2. Chicken shawarma
3. Green jelly beans
4. Arctic Tern

Four Albums You Can't Live Without (at least for the moment):
1. Guns N' Roses, Appetite for Destruction
2. The Police, Synchronicity
3. Def Leppard, Pyromania
4. Dvorak, New World Symphony

Four Places You'd Rather Be:
1. Nowhere
2. See #1
3. See #2
4. Oh, come on already!

And finally, per tradition ...

Four People Who Are Now Obligated To Do This to Their Blog:
1. Jane at Dear Jane
2. RT and/or Jill at Brainiax Blog
3. Jenn at Jenius
4. Laurie at Stranded in Suburbia

There, that wasn't so bad. And it's over. With this post, I hereby forgo all future taggings, which if received will simply be re-tagged out.

But I have begun to understand the tagging phenomenon.

It has something to do with breaking through the anonymity of the blogosphere. Seeking more intimate connections with people you seem to know from their posts and their comments ... but really don't. And in that spririt, at least, I'm glad to break out of my shell and let you all know a few things about me.

It's a principle thing.

14 Comments:

At January 04, 2006 9:05 AM, Blogger Jenn Doll replied to my musings ...

Damnit, David! I don't do tags. But, I'll figure out a way to participate. I have before! And if I don't think of something Jenius, I'll just darn do it. You're so grounded. SO grounded!

Your albums that you can't live without are almost enough to make me just do it.

 
At January 04, 2006 10:03 AM, Blogger Jay Noel replied to my musings ...

What is murgh tikka masala. Sounds like the name of a powerful Jedi from Star Wars or something.

I don't do tags either, as I enjoy my anonymity.

 
At January 04, 2006 10:55 AM, Blogger Metal Mark replied to my musings ...

Glad to see that someone else looks at a sports site regularly. I probably only look at college basketball sites close to tourney time, but I look at NFL.com every day and yes even in the offseason.

 
At January 04, 2006 11:11 AM, Blogger David Amulet replied to my musings ...

Jenn: I felt awful being tagged but not having said that I wouldn't do it ... so I gave in this once.

Phoenix: Murgh tikka masala is an excellent Indian chicken dish. Or a village in northern Baluchistan.

Metal Mark: I'm guessing you may be the only person I know who has signed up for the NFL Channel! As for NCAA hoops, I am impressed by the good writing of several SI.com writers.

-- david

 
At January 04, 2006 11:58 AM, Blogger Perplexio replied to my musings ...

It's cool to see a fellow fan of Indian Cuisine.

 
At January 04, 2006 1:13 PM, Blogger BuffyICS replied to my musings ...

Bill & Ted and Spinal Tap--excellent choices! I wish they still made movies like those!

 
At January 04, 2006 1:23 PM, Blogger All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo replied to my musings ...

thanks for the comment. You know Im hurting after the ost to texas. happy new year

 
At January 04, 2006 4:19 PM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen replied to my musings ...

Ah, I'm guilty of tagging people. Just wait...I have something even more disturbing. (You've probably already seen it but it's a website where you create a quiz about yourself and see how well your friends and fellow bloggers know you). Sad, isn't it?

I'm posting my quiz on Friday....:)

 
At January 04, 2006 4:36 PM, Blogger RT replied to my musings ...

What? You ignored my tag and did someone else's??? Boy don't that just make me feel sPeciAl all over the place... LoL, I'm kidding.

I used to hate being tagged, and I still do when it comes to emails, but it doesn't seem as bad when it's a fellow blogger. As long as it doesn't get out of hand, that is.

 
At January 04, 2006 6:26 PM, Blogger David Amulet replied to my musings ...

Lo siento mucho, RT. Somehow I missed your tag, else it would have prompted a similar post to the one above! Now you have me curious--I need to search now to find out when the tag was and how I missed it.

-- david

 
At January 07, 2006 1:37 PM, Blogger Dear Jane... replied to my musings ...

ok ok, I'll get to my homework.

 
At January 08, 2006 9:59 PM, Blogger :| raven |: replied to my musings ...

and thanks for sharing :)

 
At January 10, 2006 10:25 AM, Blogger Andy R. Terrel replied to my musings ...

Hoorah for manual laborer turned PhD. Of course, there be many a PhD turned manual laborer as well.

 
At January 16, 2006 1:03 AM, Blogger Black Eyed Gurl replied to my musings ...

OMG I love the Hurricane Update!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home