Google

Monday, October 17, 2005

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

I am going away.

No, no ... not permanently. Far from it; just for one week. So stop the weeping. And the rejoicing.

Particularly the rejoicing--that kind of hurts.

While I am traveling for the next week, I will resist my base urges and will not blog and drive. Or blog and fly. Or blog and walk. Whatever I do for the next seven days, it will not involve posting blog entries.

So dive into my archives if you would like to read smart-ass perspectives on politics and pop culture. Or get your ass outside and enjoy the fall weather (northern hemispherians, that is.) Write some gems of your own for me to enjoy upon my return, and leave a comment here if I haven't seen your blog yet. I'll check your site out in a week. Really.

And I will have plenty of thoughts to share upon my return.

Until then ... be safe.

6 Comments:

At October 19, 2005 3:26 PM, Blogger Jay Noel replied to my musings ...

Safe travels!

 
At October 19, 2005 10:00 PM, Blogger Crazy Dan replied to my musings ...

See ya soon dont blog and take a shit becasue it gets messy

 
At October 20, 2005 12:30 PM, Blogger Dear Jane... replied to my musings ...

I thought you weren't blogging this week...that does not include commenting on others??? As I always say, 'tis better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

The sign over my head said Always Open, but I thought that was too sleazy now that JEthro and I are engaged...oh and the blogger profile pic of me is before i became a crack head.

 
At October 20, 2005 2:09 PM, Blogger David Amulet replied to my musings ...

Well, I am not in any sort of motion while typing (other than the motion of typing, that is), and I have both much more time -- and much more access to the Internet -- than I expected. But I don't have enough time to do more than check a few of my favorite blogs, therefore you'll still see no new posts here until next week.

So far, my travels are both safe and enjoyable. Thanks for checking in.

Except I thought I had a crack-head filter for commenters. Damn this weak security!

-- d.a.

 
At October 21, 2005 3:27 PM, Blogger Jay Noel replied to my musings ...

I was reading your older posts...came across your post titled "Pin the Name on the Planet." I enjoyed it. I did a similar post when I first started blogging, WAY back in early August! The good 'ol days. I think it was my second or third post ever.
The scientists had named the planet "Xena" temporarily.

 
At October 23, 2005 10:02 AM, Blogger :| raven |: replied to my musings ...

hope your trip was eventful .....

no rejoicing here ... :P~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home