I Can Name That Tune in Three Words
I’ve been out of town for the past week, and traveling always generates fodder for posts of the “I’m surrounded by idiots” type.
But I’ll spare you the tales of the moronic airline check-in counter “help,” my crappy hotel, and the waitress who thought I was her personal spill receptacle.
Trust me, you’re better off not hearing me vent. This wasn’t my best trip. I even lost my computer while going through security. (Yes, I found it. I’m hugging it lovingly even now.)
But I did take advantage of the opportunity to have my iPod do a whole lotta shufflin’.
Among the tunes it chose to share with me were several songs with remarkable lyrics—or, to be more precise, with some odd words spread out in the song.
Without resorting to lyrics websites—which would be sad given that this is a contest without any reward—can you identify these Amulet iPod songs from only three words?
Hints: I’ve listed the words in the order in which they appear in their songs, and because they came from my iPod the answers are well known songs are in the classic rock, '80s, and/or metal genres.
(1) Brussels, vegemite, Bombay
(2) glitters, songbird, hedgerow
(3) Scylla, Mephistopholes, alabaster
(4) preachers, fools, dropouts
(5) Brando, scared, swastikas
(6) Ukraine, Georgia, comrade
(7) fuel-injected, Wendy, velvet
(8) bookmarking, staffroom, Nabokov
(9) colitas, Tiffany-twisted, Mercedes-Benz
(10) Scaramouche, Galileo, Bismillah
(11) Anastasia, biltzkreig, Kennedys
(12) blacksmith, philosophers, plowmen